Tuesday 2 August 2011

Official Apology


Well, despite the warning I placed at the beginning of one of my earlier posts (you know, the one with all the pictures of hammocks and paradise), some foolish people apparently ignored it, thinking they were strong enough to look at the pictures I posted. Absolute folly. I’ve received a fair amount of hate mail in recent weeks, and if the postal system were any good over here, I’m confident I would have found a few disgusting/possibly fatal surprises in my letterbox. Not cool people. Always one to look for a silver lining, I see this as an opportunity to tell you all that I told you so. You’ll think twice before ignoring me again, won’t you? Who am I kidding? Of course you won’t.

In order to appease all you angry and jealous readers, and to inform you that yes, things aren’t always gravy (gravy! I miss gravy) here, I thought it would be a good idea to show you the more sordid side of Fiji. The underbelly, if you will. Kind readers, I present to you: Suva (and surrounds).

Caution (likely to be ignored by you chumps): some viewers may find the following images distressing. They include grey skies, dirty streets, and dilapidated buildings. If you look closely enough, you may even see people – shock horror – not smiling. Effects of viewing should include mild revulsion and disgust, and most importantly, an overwhelming feeling of sympathy towards me, in addition to a severe bout of self-loathing at being jealous of me in the first place. Shame on you.














The cleverer of my readers may have noted that nowhere in this post was an actual apology. You can choose to find the apology within the images, or more correctly assume that I am in no way apologising for having an awesome time. As my friend Captain Planet used to say, the power is yours. And quit it already, I’m NOT the Heart guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment